check please!

Posted by captainlemonberry | Posted in | Posted on 7:01 PM

There's no way I'm saying it, I really don't love you
There's no point in faking it, I just wanna get above you
I could tell you that you're the greatest, the best I ever had
Write love songs and deep poems, and confessions to you about
How insanely mad I am, in the head, of course,
But I wouldn't tell ya that, that'd be bad, and probably ruin the sexual intercourse
And all our haves and have hads would just be memories that wouldn't last
I couldn't do that, not to you, not yet
The water's still very warm, and I wanna dive in and swim
Skim the bottom, fishing out skeletons of all my dead reasons
Past relationships, and broken promises, and you wouldn't like that
Now would you?
Okay, alright, I'm being a bit melodramatic here
Could you sit down and hold back those tears while I try to make my intentions clear?
You see, I'm not looking for someone to get me, to try and understand me
Go ahead, have fun with that, but you'll never see the real me
I don't fucking put my emotions out on display, leaving you discombobulated while you sit in disarray
I'm not sorry, and no, that's not a game I play, because you can shove your sympathy up your ass if think you wanna set me straight, or get me out
Or whatever the hell you saviors do, trying to help people you don't know
Ah shit, please don't cry, seriously, are you even gonna try? Look, just think about it, I could've lied...I could've lied...
I'm not this great person that you've been led to believe
You think I'm some sort of romantic who wears their fucking heart on their sleeve
And it's violent, baby, it's a violent world, not rainbows and sunshine
But hey, kid, you're a dime, if fucking you is some kinda crime,
I'd pay the price, cause you help me kill some time
That probably sounds really, really bad...but, it's the truth, I mean, it's what you asked for
I know you...didn't ask for this, any of this
To be honest, you're really great, kid
You know, they told me the same thing they told you...you know, you got potential
But uhh...some of us are uhh...a bit different
So don't take this shit personally, okay? Someone's out there waiting to be loved,
And you've got what they want, and maybe that'd be a good start for you...
And thirty years from now, when you're married or somethin',
Remember whatever this was...whatever we had...
And just know that when I said I didn't love you,
I lied,
For your own good.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment